Click on the following links to read about the 2018 New Tax Law Changes
Where’s my refund:
Amended returns will take up to 3 weeks after you mailed it to show up in the IRS’ system and processing can take up to 16 weeks
Consumer Alerts on Tax Scams
Note that the IRS will never:
- Call to demand immediate payment using a specific payment method such as a prepaid debit card, gift card or wire transfer. Generally, the IRS will first mail you a bill if you owe any taxes.
- Threaten to immediately bring in local police or other law-enforcement groups to have you arrested for not paying.
- Demand that you pay taxes without giving you the opportunity to question or appeal the amount they say you owe.
- Ask for credit or debit card numbers over the phone.
1099 MISC Filing Information:
1099’s must be issued to all individuals, LLC’s, and attorneys who are not your employees and who were paid more than $600 for services in the previous tax year. Penalties for not filing 1099’s by the dues dates, January 31st to the payee and March 31 to the IRS if filed electronically, up to $250 per month per 1099 up to $1.5 million.
You must have your information to us by January 11 in order for us to process your 1099’s by the January 31st deadline. Here is a list of the information we will need you to provide us by either calling us at 610-927-3030, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 610-927-3088. This info is for all payees who should be receiving a 1099 from you for the previous tax year:
3. Federal Tax ID (or Social Security) Numbers* and
4. Amount paid in previous tax year
***The best way to gather this information from your service providers is to ask them to complete a W9 form prior to any services being completed.
Please click on this link for more detailed information and for other instances that may require 1099s (ex: royalties & interest paid) IRS 1099 MISC Filing Instructions
Pricing: Generally Goldcamp Tax Facts, LLC charges $25 for the first 1099 and $15 for each additional 1099 issued. This price includes mailing the perforated form to your service provider (or to you, if you wish), mailing hard copies to the state of PA by February 28, electronically filing the 1099s with the IRS by March 31, and mailing you hard copies or making them available to you electronically.
The prices shown above assume that you provide us with complete and accurate information and that we do not have to spend time calling your service providers or asking you to correct tax ID numbers, business names, and addresses.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact our office.
PA State Income Tax Tips
Web/computer and organization tips:
Save maps on your smart phones. If you travel to areas where internet access is iffy, here’s how to save a Google map to your Smartphone:
- Log into your Google account
- Find the maps you want to save
- Type OK Maps in the Map search box
- Click the search button and you will see “save this map?” at left.
- Click on “save” (bottom right) to save a zoomable map that you can use offline.